Let’s get into the topic directly, Why my mac is so slow?
Let me say you one thing frankly. Mac is not good for rough use. Dell or Hp would be the best alternative but people prefer to use Mac because of the main thing called security. If your core task is gaming, then Alienware would be the best choice. Mac is highly suitable for working professionals. You can check out best macbook pro leather sleeve.
There are so many potential causes, that make your mac to run slow. Here, I have listed a few of those potential causes and solutions for the same.
Disk Space Overflow
Your Mac may not have enough disk space to run applications. This could be because you have installed so many high-end applications on the same computer disk.
How to optimize the Disk Space?
- Delete the movies and videos that you have watched already or transfer them to any external hard drives. For the best performance, don’t keep any videos and movies on your Mac rather prefer to watch them using online video streaming sites like Netflix, youtube.
- Manually, clear everything on your recycle bin at weekly intervals. There is an in-built option on Mac to delete them automatically after 30 days.
- Transfer your files to cloud storage. You can use apple iCloud to store your files on the cloud.
- If the resource is consuming more memory, try to find the best alternatives.
- Find duplicate files & hidden files and remove them.
The best solution is to delete the files, that you no longer need. Mac also provides you with memory optimization as an in-built feature.
Running Multiple Resources at the same time
Running multiple applications consumes more RAM and in turn, affects the speed of your Mac.
For this, the best solution is to quit the applications that you are not using.
For example, if you are using Safari and Chrome browser, consider using one at a time rather than keeping both opened at a time. You may also like the best laptop riser for desk.
Pushing to use incompatible Apps
In some cases, you might be trying to use some applications that may require a higher version of processor or higher Graphic card.
In those cases, don’t rush to use those applications. Always check the system requirements of the applications before installing them.
To check your processor version details, use the following command.
Apple Menu > About this Mac > Overview
To check your Graphics card details, use the following command.
Apple Menu > About this Mac > Displays
Download this MAC Software for best performance
If you need, more details on “why my mac is so slow” comment your queries.