An applied form of science dealing with electrons is referred to as electronics. It handles all the electric circuits that contain passive and active elements. The world is evolving very fast and it’s important that the technology too, upgrades with the latest happenings of the society. Nowadays, electronics have become a very important part of our lives. It gets tough to even spend a few hours without using electronics.
The use of electronics these days has become a very important part of our daily lives. It’s hard to imagine a world without electronics. Everything from cooking to the washing of clothes to exercising to music, everything uses electronics in some way or the other. We live in an era of electronics where machines are capable of doing all the human work much more efficiently and easily.
There are many electronic applications that we use every day. They are called consumer electronics. These are mostly electronics which are used by the common people for everyday use.
- Office Gadgets like calculators, Personal computers, FAX machines, Printers, Scanners, Front Projector, etc.
- Home appliances such as Washing Machine, Air Conditioner, Refrigerator, Microwave Oven, Vacuum Cleaner, etc.
- Audio and Video Systems such as VCRs, headphones, DVD players, wireless speakers, microphones, loudspeakers, wireless home theatres, Video game consoles.
- Storage Devices like a jukebox, MP3 player for optical playback, taping, and portable infotainment.
- Advanced Consumer Electronic Devices like Smart Phones, barcode scanners, ATM, Set-top Box, Dishwasher, and POS terminals.
With the knowledge of electronics, many medical instruments are being developed for physiological analysis and data recording. These instruments are useful for healing as well as diagnosing diseases. Some of the medical instruments are:
- Stethoscope for listening to the inner sounds happening inside the body
- Defibrillator which causes electrical shock to the heart muscles and brings back the heart to a normal working condition.
- Respiration Monitors that tell the condition of the patient due to the change in blood flow, respiration, pulse, and body temperature.
- A glucose meter is used for measuring the sugar levels in the blood.
- The Pacemaker which reduces and increases the count of the heartbeat.
There are a lot of things that we use every day that use electronic energy. Even your car in which you travel smoothly has some use of electronics. Those components are:
- Anti-collision unit
- Anti-lock braking system
- Infotainment console
- Window regulators or Power Windows
- Cruise control
- Traction control
- Electronic Control Unit (ECU)
- Airbag control
Meteorological and Oceanographic
The monitoring of the environment is done with many automatic weather stations and sensors. Some of them are:
- Barometer: It is used to predict whether the weather is good or bad. The atmospheric pressure level is an indication which barometer tells. If the pressure is low the weather will be bad and if it’s high, the weather will be good.
- Anemometer: Anemometer helps in measuring the wind speed and wind direction.
- Hygrometer: Hygrometer helps in measuring the humidity.
- Tipping Bucket Rain gauge: This instrument helps in measuring the rainfall sometimes.
- Drifter Buoy: The drifter buoy measures temperature, current, and even the pressure levels in the ocean
- Data logger: Data logger is used to storing data gathered from numerous sensors like wind speed, temperature, humidity, solar radiation, Rain scale, and direction.
Electronics have a great scope in the future and without the help of electronic gadgets, our daily lives are incomplete.