PHP is the abbreviation for Hypertext Pre-Processor that formerly meant Personal Home Pages and is a server-side scripting language that helps with the development of Web applications and Static or Dynamic Websites.
There’s a list of some amazing things ahead you can do by deciding to hire a PHP developer and making its use.
So, without wasting time anymore, let’s dive right into the details with some basics first!
What is the use of PHP?
You think of it, and PHP will do it!
PHP can do anything and everything for you.
Being mainly concentrated on server-side scripting, PHP can do everything that other Computer-generated imagery (CGI)programs can do. It comprises collecting form data, sending and receiving cookies, creating content for pages, and so on.
Here’s what PHP can do:
- Server-side scripting: This is the most talked-about and one of the most significant targets of PHP. It requires three things to work out:
- The PHP parser (Computer-generated imagery or server module),
- A Web Browser
- A web Server
- Command-line scripting: Using PHP itself, you can make a PHP script and run without any help from the server or browser. All you will require is the PHP parser to use it in this manner. Such usage is perfect for scripts that are executed continuously by using Task Scheduler (on Windows) and cron (on *nix or Linux).
- Writing desktop applications: PHP has some incredibly advanced features that can come to use while making the client-side applications better. PHP-GTK can also be used to write such kinds of programs.
Things you can do with PHP
Process of User Authentication Made Easy
User authentication is essential for web security. Building a web application requires implementing user authentication.
You can adopt multiple techniques for user authentication.
Let’s take a look at them in detail:
- Authentication through username and password: Authentication through username and password is as secure as anything in the world. PHP stores the username and password on a database pair using high-quality encryption and then retrieves the same for the user.
- Authentication through cookie and session handling: You often see cookies on your web pages. They are there to keep a login session open. These cookie-based login sessions can be taken care of easily using PHP sessions. You don’t need to struggle with any kind of detail, just start and close the session and voila!
- Two-(or more)-step authentication: This is one of the most commonly used authentication today. After you log in using your own username and password, the website asks you for another code sent over either phone or mail. Once done with the same, you can access the application. Some services like home banking or more use more than two steps verification.
You can hire a PHP developer and seek help from him/her to come up with robust security for your PHP project.
Project Management Tools
Management of the project is an essential feature of your business.
The availability of resources is vital for your clients to check the growth of the work and offer their more vital feedback.
A system for a good project management system leads to pleased clients.
There are several tremendous web-based project management tools available out there. You can use them. Or even better, you can build your own!
Graphical User Interface (GUI)
You can extend your PHP installation to the degree of creating desktop applications.
Though, it could be challenging as it demands some excellent knowledge of PHP.
If You are up for it and love PHP, then you are advised to use some of the PHP extensions mentioned below to start with creating GUI applications:
- PHP GTK – This extension implements the GIMP toolkit and is indeed a popular open-source.
- ZZEE PHP GUI – It is a solution that lets you turn your PHP scripts into Windows applications. However, it is a paid one.
The incredible learning that comes up with creating your own PHP GUI’s is learning a lot about the language itself!
It’s a lucky one, folks!
Server-Side Backend Code
Web development in today’s time is all about the cooperative and fruitful interaction between frontend and backend technologies.
It doesn’t matter what language or library is behind the creation of a frontend app; there’s always a need to extract some data from a server backend.
Specific languages like Python, Perl, Java, C, or C++ can be used in collaboration with HTTP servers to offer frontend apps with backend data. However, most used out of all is still PHP as it has been made specially to carry out such tasks.
Create Real-Time Applications
Some examples of real-time web applications incorporate bots, social networks, web games, chats, monitoring systems, and more.
Such applications can be built using various technologies.
Socket.IO, which is a web-socket based framework and similar ones, are also extensively used today.
Build Website Templates
You can add pages and elements to your websites easily using PHP. You can create the HTML page and split it into different sections.
You need to make sure to add the .php extension to your pages.
To make your website more appealing, you can add different sections, sidebars, navigation, etc.
If your website is templated, it is easier to add content to it.
The Bottom Line
You must have understood the potential of PHP by now.
But, let me tell you again, PHP is indeed the king.
There are many more other benefits as well to PHP. Make sure to hire Skilled PHP programmer & coders to use the best of language and adopt its trends to improve your user’s experience.
You just need the right knowledge of it along with the right team to carry out the project.
And all your ideas and goals can come to life then!