“Pollution is defined as contamination which is produced by humans which reflects harmful effects on humans, flora, and fauna”
Let us see the different types of pollution in detail.
The contamination of the air is called Air Pollution.
Causes of Air Pollution
The air may be contaminated due to one or more of the following reasons.
- Release of harmful substances from the industry chimneys.
- Release of harmful gases from the Vehicles.
- Release of harmful substances from fireworks.
- Release of hazardous gases from burning tires.
Air pollutions is one of the leading environmental concerns of our time. Everything from vehicular emissions to the ones released by industries and factories need to be controlled and limited to ensure that the dangers of Global Warming and Climate Change are not pushing the planet towards the brink of extinction. Singapore sustainable finance solutions have spoken about the need to start active use of cleaner energy sources and focus on sustainability. If we are to reverse the ill-effects of climate change, every institution and business niche needs to come forward.
- Industries should be planned away from the residential area.
- All the labors working in that industry should be undertaken health checkups at the regular intervals.
- The common mode of transportations like buses, ride-sharing programs should be promoted.
The Contamination of water is called water pollution.
Causes of water pollution
The water may be contaminated due to any of the following reasons
- Release of toxic materials from chemical Industries to the nearby rivers.
- Improper Sewage waste disposal.
- Urbanization can also be the reason.
Preventive Measures for Water Pollution
- Industries should be periodically checked for the Waste Disposal
- In boating areas, people shouldn’t be allowed to take plastics.
- Sewage System should be checked for the proper functioning at the regular intervals.
The contamination of soil is called Soil Pollution.
Causes of Soil Pollution
Soil Pollution also called as the land pollution may be the result of the following reasons.
- Dumping of non-degradable wastes in the soil, which prevents the flow of rainwater to the water table level.
- Using Artificial Pesticides and Fertilizers which highly affects the fertility of the soil.
- Cutting more trees for the sake of Urbanisation.
Preventive Measures for Soil Pollution
- Non-Degradable materials must be put in the dust bin provided for the same and it should be disposed of properly and with care.
- Solid Waste Management should be properly done.
- Plastics should be replaced with other alternatives in all possible area.
“The unpleasable sound which disturbs the normal human activity is called Noise Pollution.”
Causes of Noise Pollution
- Noise from vehicles and Industries.
- Noise from Construction Areas.
- Noise from fireworks.
Preventive Measures for Noise Pollution
- Industries should be constructed only away from human civilization.
- Installing sound absorbers in the industries.
- Employees working in the Industries should use the earbuds to keep themselves safe from noise pollution.
The wastes from Radioactive substances are termed as Radioactive pollution.
Causes of Radioactive Pollution
- Radiation from Nuclear Power Plants.
- Missiles and Testing Materials.
- Radiation from electronic waste.
Preventive measures for Radioactive Pollution
- Moving to Renewable source of power generation.
- Reducing the use of Radioactive material.
- Nuclear waste should be disposed of properly deep under the sea.
- Awareness Programs should be conducted by government authorities.
- Planting more saplings can reduce the effect of pollution.
- Afforestation should be increased.