Hiring a reputable roofer for your home is very important as the roof is one of the most important parts of your house. Ensuring you hire a reputable roofing contractor to install, repair, or replace your roof will keep your home protected and help keep its initial value.
Fixing roof damage at regular intervals can be very annoying, just as repairing a newly installed roof can be very frustrating as well. Therefore, in this write-up, I will show you how to identify a skilled and trusted roofer.
Would you like to enjoy a reliable, top-notch checklist for hiring a roofer? Continue reading.
15 Useful Tips For Hiring A Roofer
- Get reviews about the roofer from people you know. Be it your neighbors, friends, co-workers, or relatives, they are all unimpeachable sources of information. Do well to ask about how their previous projects turned out.
- Ensure the roofer is insured and bonded. Make sure the insurance includes compensation for all current workers, in case an accident occurs on the worksite.
- Make sure the Roofer is licensed. You can also check online to confirm their status and ensure their license is up-to-date and legit.
- Check out online reviews.
- Get to know the roofing materials the roofer uses. Be it tile, shingle, shake, rock, concrete, and metal.
- Pick an experienced roofer. Most times, choosing someone who is a little more expensive but more experienced pays off. Experienced experts are less likely to make mistakes and you can be very confident about their work.
- Get a contractual written agreement. Verbal agreements mean nothing. It is important to have every detail about the contract penned down when it comes to an expensive service like roofing.
- Do not pay it All Upfront. Most reputable roofers will require a deposit before they start work and further payments to be made in installments, and not the full payment at once.
- Get a warranty. Reputable roofers will guarantee that they provide the best work possible and offer a warranty if their workmanship doesn’t hold up.
- Pick a roofer with an efficient communication service. The last thing you want is to hire a company who can’t be reached if you have a problem.
- Opt for roofers with good customer service. A roofer that doesn’t display timely and quality customer service is obviously showing you a red flag.
- Get Quotes. Contact all the potential roofers on your list and ask for a quote.
- Check the Better Business Bureau(BBB). Do well to check if they accredited the Roofer on BBB before giving out the job.
- Get to know who will do the job. Verify that the workers are employees or subcontractors of the roofer you’re hiring.
- Make Inquiries About Their Policy for Unsatisfied Customers.
Always remember not to settle for just any roofer! Make sure you do your research on several roofers to find the one that suits you and lives well up to your standard.
Whether you need a full roof installation, replacement or a few repairs or anything in between, endeavor to hire a reputable roofer so as to get the best value for your hard-earned money.