Jewelry is an extremely important and delicate thing in the wardrobe. They need proper care and cleanliness. The prime reason for this is, most of the time these beautiful pieces of jewelry are gifted by someone special. Therefore, there are many memories and sentiments attached to that little piece of jewelry. Moreover, they are extremely costly and you should value your money.
Though every piece of jewelry needs proper care. For instance, if you have a personalized picture locket necklaces then you need to clean it deeply from the inside. Also, there are many other ways to clean your precious jewelry. Below, we have written down a few of them. Read on to know them.
Keep Them Clean And Dry
If you do not want your jewelry to lose shine you need to clean them regularly and remove the dirt. Though, if you have gold jewelry or pearls and you want to clean them, you need to have certain types of tools that are specially designed for cleaning these types of jewels.
Don’t Wear Jewelry Before Makeup
Undoubtedly, makeup ruins jewelry. These customized pieces of delicate jewelry are very sensitive to harsh chemicals. Either It is your makeup, perfume, or simply lotion. Keep all the stuff that has harsh chemicals in it away from the jewelry. It is best to wear jewelry before doing makeup or applying perfume.
Tips To Keep In Mind
Here are some points that can help you in keeping your customized jewelry clean and safe.
- Pearl can have permanent damage from makeup or lotions
- After applying perfume, let your skin dry, and then wear your jewelry to make sure your jewels do not even have a drop of perfume.
- After all the precautions, if, accidentally your jewel comes in contact with any harsh chemical then quickly wash it gently with a soft cloth.
- Use warm water with dish soap and clean them gently. Remember, you should not rub it aggressively. Doing aggressive cleaning will only remove the shine of the stone and lessen its beauty.
- Do not use any type of cleaning product. Specifically, those that contain harsh chemicals. Though you can get one that is specifically designed for jewelry cleaning.
- Also, do not rinse them in the sink, you can lose the piece in the drain. Always carry a water bowl and rinse the jewelry in it.
Customized jewelry is such a pricey thing to have. Therefore, to value your money you need to be very responsible towards it. Plus, taking care of the jewelry properly adds up to its life expectancy. Hopefully, all these points we mentioned above will help you in taking care of your jewelry.
Also, after cleaning up, store them properly. Buy spacious storage boxes to keep them separate. Also, if you have a good collection of locket necklaces or normal ones, keep them separately in different pouches to avoid tangling. If you store them properly you do not have to clean them now and then. Proper storage of jewelry needs less cleaning.