Things to remember before arrange marriage
What is necessary during an arranged marriage to make it successful? Arranged marriages are common in Indian society. It does not mean you are giving up on love, it’s just too dependent on your family to find it and now you are depending on your close ones to do that. This does not make you less excited and happy. You may register yourself on matrimonial sites and fill in all your requirements and preferences. If you are the one who is continuously struggling with relatives about marriage, you know it is heavier than anything else. While you have been left and right on any dating site where every good man is, take some time to realize what you want in a partner.
Many people we knew drove into getting an arranged marriage without thinking twice. It may be as if they haven’t found anyone so they leave the hunt for a partner to their parents, or because their parents are fastidious about finding the children a match on their own.
Before you start looking for the perfect match for you there are things which you must keep in mind. It is possible to be confused by the whole system of looking at different women and choosing one out of the numerous candidates. Such situations could be many but you need to be focused on what you want and look for a girl to marry. A few points should be in mind while considering an arranged marriage.
- Set a target time: setting a target is precisely important unless you are in a hurry to get married. Setting a timeframe means selecting a partner through any matrimonial site or an arrangement by your family and giving someone considerate time before marriage, so you may get to know each other well.
- Spend time with your friends and family: in India, if you are marrying anyone you married to their family. So it is necessary to spend an ample amount of time with your near ones. If you think you may adjust with them and they treat you well, and you gel up with them for the rest of your life too, make sure you know them well.
- Be clear about your past: as it is an arranged marriage, your partner would not know anything about your past and it is good to talk about it, in case there is anything relevant your partner should know.
- Open all your cards: if you are in any relationship with someone before you get married you know their expectations and what they wanted from you. In any arranged marriage you are completely clueless as she is. So it is good to lay every card on the table and discuss what you are expecting from each other.
- Financial stability: this is one of the most important aspects of every relationship when it comes to living life together. It would be important enough that even when it was not an arranged marriage, during a love, Hindu or Punjabi marriage people discuss this before avoiding fighting later.