A man cave is where you spend precious time enjoying what you want most to do. You can spend your time alone, with friends, playmates and of course with family.
Thus, it should be created so that it could be as personal, comfortable, and filled with your personality.
The Best Man Cave
What makes a perfect man cave?
Since it is a male-only space, you could have the freedom to express yourself through the designs and layout that best fits your personality by creating a room of your own. You can have a gaming space, pool room, or anything of your wish.
A pool room and gaming space can be designed quickly and conveniently. You can readily source supplies from a themed store like Pool Room Supplies who can provide you with your sports supplies needs. As such, you can create your best man cave and make, and these are the features that your best man cave should have:
- A comfortable space that is good for everyone that each household member could also use. It is a space that is so friendly to hang out without disturbing and invading your manly space.
- A personalized storage solution to store your much-loved collections like stuff for your hobbies, things for your passion, and of your interest
- A generic shelving unit used not just for storage but can become dynamic wall art or a featured piece of shapes or materials that would (hide) elements like wires or pipes or old vents.
- Your man cave should also have these features:
- Pool table – this is a classic element in a man cave; always make space for it.
- Gaming section – have table games like the old-fashioned card—chess or poker for some gaming options. You can also hang a dartboard or stack a collection of puzzles and board games on the side.
- Pop Up bar, wine and spirit station
- Space for Sports memorabilia
- Recliner and Barstools
Creating The Perfect Man Cave
Must-have features must match with the perfect design your man cave must be. And so, you have to consider these tips to create an ideal man cave.
- Be generous with lightings – great lighting creates a cozy and welcoming ambiance. Choose pieces that will accentuate at the same time gives the desired hue for the surrounding.
For example, if your man cave is located in the basement, you can use cove or valence lighting for a creative glow and brightens a dark space. Also, use more ceiling lights instead of LED lights.
For a bonus effect, transform your furniture and accentuate with tiny lights like lamps which turn down the brightness and provide a relaxing space.
- Always make an adequate elbow room, regardless of whether your man cave is in the basement, garage, or attic. So irrespective of the size of the space, make sure to make it spacious and a pleasant area to hang out.
- Check the electrical requirements – always make sure that wirings are tucked safely, without loose and dangling wires around. The charging area is a must-have for all your electronic and gaming devices. Ensure a safe and reliable installation by getting the services of a licensed professional to do the job.
- Invest in a good sound system – a high-performance sound system means distinct sound and clear notes, and this does a better job for your recreation and full enjoyment. Make sure to install an appropriate sound system for your place.
- If needed, make a plumbing provision – plan for water pipelines, plumbing vents, locations of shut-off, and even lines for natural gas is highly recommended according to your needs.
- Effective ventilation – make sure that air effectively circulates the room; humidity must be controlled to avoid the growth of molds and mildew that may spoil the surface and appearance of your memorabilia and your precious possessions. You can also use air purifiers and dehumidifiers to draw out moisture and reduce toxins in the air.
- Install multi-purpose shelves – multi-purpose cabinets are helpful in any setup. You can use it for storage, racks, a pantry, and many other uses.
- Give character to your man cave by creating a theme. Depending on your taste for designs and interiors, you can use metal or wood themes. You can also play with paints using fun colors or earth tones for a warm and cozy feel. Or you may use artwork, posters, and collectibles to emphasize the theme for your man cave.
A man cave is always a sanctuary to relax, unwind, be yourself, express yourself or even discover yourself. Creating one for you must be a good reason to celebrate because you have the space you can call your own. So in creating one, always make sure that you make the best, follow the tips above and make the most out of your man cave.