If you’re looking into ways to start a new LLC, Northwest Registered Agent is one of the best options that avoid relying on sketchy third-party agents.
In the thirteen years since its launch, Northwest has worked with thousands of clients nationwide, whether it’s to handle formations, compliance, or other business solutions.
This Northwest Registered Agent LLC service review explores the main advantages and advantages of the company as well as its features and pricing.
Northwest Registered Agent Pros & Cons
- Their impeccable customer support is certainly top of the heap, so if you put a lot of value on personalized assistance, Northwest is definitely for you.
- If you prefer to have strong insurance against data sharing, this service enacts reliable privacy protection measures for this exact purpose;
- All formations include a year of registered agent service in all jurisdictions.
- If your budget is rather restricted, this option might be a bit too extravagant since Northwest charges $100-185 more than its main competition;
- Northwest has less weight as a brand, and its smaller levels of exposure are also evident from the volume of its online reviews.
Northwest Registered Agent Pricing
In terms of approach, Northwest diverges from the typical three-tier formation package structure. Instead, they offer one single formation plan with two payment options plus variable state fees.
Northwest Registered Agent LLC Formation Service: $225 + state fees
Discounting local fees, the service can create an LLC online for a total of $225, including the individual registered agent.
- VIP Service: twelve $30-73 monthly payments (fees vary by state);
- Full Service: one-time $225 fee:
- $100 filing fee;
- $125 registered agent.
Apart from incorporation, the company offers a range of additional services that cover business compliance and other related procedures.
- Northwest Registered Agent Service ($125/yr): unlike some of its competitors, the service does not outsource this feature, preferring to assign its trusted company specialists;
- Foreign LLC Certification ($225): if you have plans to expand your business, this feature is perfect for branching out to other states without much hassle;
- Compliance Filings*: the company can take care of your annual filings for free (provided you formed your LLC with Northwest);
- EIN ($50): if you’d rather let someone else handle tax ID registration, Northwest can do it at much lower rates than most formation companies;
- Phone Service ($9/mo): an excellent feature for maintaining privacy by acquiring a virtual phone number for your business;
- State Applications: this feature includes various documents that you may require for your future transactions such as a certificate of good standing, apostilles, or certified copies;
- FCC Registration ($125/yr): this add-on is extremely useful for any entity that requires to designate a telecommunications registered agent via Form 499-A;
- FMCSA Process Agent Designation ($125/yr): designed to help any LLC that has to meet trucking compliance rules by assigning a process agent via Form BOC 3;
- Virtual Office ($49)**: this feature covers the scanning and mailing of your company’s documents to aid with your general organization;
- Mail Forwarding ($40)**: the company offers to send all your mail either by scanning it or redirecting physical originals.
*in all states except Arizona, Missouri, New Mexico, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and South Carolina;
**only for Delaware, Idaho, Florida, Montana, Texas, Washington, and Wyoming.
Although Northwest’s review volume is not too expansive, the feedback ratio is actually impressive considering how positive the majority of it is. They currently hold the following ratings:
- BBB:28/5 (74 reviews);
- Google:5/5 based (200 reviews);
- Birdeye:5/5 (291 reviews);
- Trustpilot:7/5 (2 reviews).
The dedication with which Northwest approaches customer care is perhaps one of its strongest sides, often praised by the provider’s regular clients. Unlike some services, Northwest does not outsource its phone or email support, providing expert assistance through Corporate Guides that are assigned to each customer individually.
Quite impressively, Northwest provides same-day processing for all orders regardless of jurisdiction. Still, each state imposes different fees for standard and expedited processing, so the actual time it takes to register an entity varies by location.
Best Northwest Alternatives for LLC Formation
If you’re looking for an option with similar features but that charges less, one of the best alternatives out there is ZenBusiness. They also include a year of registered agent service and other add-ons, but their pricing starts at only $39.
Despite relatively steep formation prices, Northwest Registered Agent remains one of the best LLC formation services due to its strong reputability, individualized customer support system, and in-house registered agent service. If you can afford to spend a bit more on the quality of service, this option is more than worth your long-term investment.