A CNC router machine is a computer-controlled machine used for cutting different materials such as aluminium, wood, foams, steel, glass, and plastics programmed by a computer to monitor the router’s components. CNC router price varies according to the place, and its range change according to its configurations and specification.
If you are interested in purchasing a CNC router machine and searching for its cost, in that case, this article is written to tell you the cost of its different categories and the factors affecting it!
Cost of CNC Router Machine
- Entry-level desktop CNC routers are desktop-sized used to cut jewellery, plastics, and wood, mostly controlled by drivers, motors, and controllers. Its average range is about $350.
- Professional CNC router machine is mostly used to cut hard materials, especially steel and titanium. Its range is about $5k-$100k but not so efficient for production work.
- Hobby CNC router price is $1,000-$3,000 approximately and considered a fast developer. It is an affordable category of this machine for efficient working.
- Woodworking CNC router machine is mostly used for cutting wood, plastics, and materials other than metals. Its range is about $20k-$30k.
- Vertical Machining Centre is available in about $50k-$100k used to cut the hard materials and metals.
- The average cost of a high-quality CNC router machine is about $500-$500,000 that can be selected based on its specifications.
Factors Affecting the Cost
- Maintenance cost is charged to the customer with the limit of warranty. If the materials used to make the CNC router machine is good, and of high quality, it will charge you a high cost.
- Software is the basic part of this machine used to program the whole device with the standard of its monitoring.
- The name of the brand and the country where it is manufactured will affect its cost. The low price doesn’t mean that the machine is less efficient than China, but the countries like Europe and England charge more.
- The CNC router price depends on the type of material it will use to cut. If it is for soft materials will charge less and the machine for cutting metals charge high.
- Configuration of the router means the level of operation, and specification means the basic functions it can perform with the specific group of qualities that will decide the CNC router price.
- The table is the integral element of the router, and the price will be according to the size of the table.
- The router charges are decided by considering the number of parts and components used while designing it.
- Machinists design and generate the machine, and they are paid according to their efforts, termed as the cost of labour.
- Geometry and design of the machine charge it according to the size of the parts used to complete its geometry. The larger the parts, the more materials will be used to make it. So, the cost will be suggested according to the router design and formation.
CNC router machine is the widely used machine for running the business and progress of the industrial work. Various categories of routers are available for cutting different kinds of materials, some for hard metals and a few for soft ones. Their prices are tagged by considering the materials used, their size, specifications, and working.