Introducing the chainless bicycles for improved performance and quality of cycling.
Bicycle usage has been decreasing day by day. Only a few people are using the bicycle as a mode of transport and a few portions using it as a cycling hobby.
Here comes a bicycle giant, Steedcycles who introduced a chainless bicycle.
A Quick Comparison between Traditional Bicycle and Chainless Bicycle
- In traditional Bicycles, due to aging and usage, the chain may slip anytime from the gears in between the travel making it difficult to reach your destination on time. This drawback has been overcome by the chainless bicycle where the propeller shafts are used instead of bicycle chains.
- There are higher chances for the chain collapse in the tradition geared bicycles. In the chainless bicycle, the possibility of collapse is nil as there is no chain involved.
- The traditional bicycle requires a higher maintenance cost whereas in a chainless bicycle the maintenance cost is extremely low.
- The lifetime of a chain and gears are around 3000 kilometers wheres in the lifetime of the propeller shaft is around 15000 kilometers according to Steedcycles.
Features of Chainless Bicycles
The space occupied by the propeller shaft is extremely low and so making it interesting to look. The credit goes to the propeller shaft drive system.
In traditional cycles, there might be some unpleasant noise while shifting gears and even during normal pedaling whereas in chainless bicycle the noise level is extremely low (literally zero).
No Greasy Experience
As the propeller shafts are covered by an outer cover in the chainless bicycles, the chances for greasy strains are extremely low. Cool feature Nah.
The performance is comparatively good and stable because of the inclusion of propeller shafts. Lubrication is not needed in this type of cycle.
Drawbacks of Chainless Bicycles
- The main drawback is cost as we can get electric bikes at this cost and it can support manually pedaling too and electric bikes can be used even to travel 50 kilometers in a single charge. (Note: You should also take the cost of electric bills here.) Maybe in the future, we can expect is economical pricing.
Whom it would suit?
- Stunt Professionals
- Students (Both school and college)
- Hobby Cyclers
- Working Professionals
- Exercise Enthusiasts
- Fitness Geeks