The development team is the backbone of any tech or product startup. A couple of talented and professional developers ensure the growth and development of any company. Therefore, any startup that wants to be successful should consider hiring a dedicated development team. Hiring a dedicated development team entails outsourcing your company’s development needs to a third-party team of professionals.
A dedicated development team is a team of professional developers to whom a company outsources the complete development process of its project for a long time. Hiring a dedicated development team is an alternative to in-house development. Hiring an in-house development team involves recruiting and training the developers as permanent employees. When hired properly, dedicated development teams have a lot of advantages.
Therefore, this article will discuss how to hire and manage a dedicated development team.
When to Hire a Dedicated Development Team
A dedicated development team is not the best option in every situation. So, when should you hire a dedicated development team?
- Lack of technical knowledge: Hiring a dedicated development team is a wise decision when you need specific expertise unavailable in your company.
- Time: It takes a lot of time to recruit an in-house team; therefore, urgent projects can be handled by a dedicated development team.
- Commitment: Unlike an in-house team with several projects, a dedicated development team will give your project full attention.
- Limited resources: Outsourcing your project to a dedicated development team is a sure way to reduce costs. Therefore, budget constraints might signify hiring a dedicated development team.
- Lack of technological requirements: As a startup, you might lack the necessary technology for a project. Hiring a dedicated development team gives you access to such technology.
How to Hire a Dedicated Development Team
The following are steps that guide you on how to hire remote developers:
- Set your expectations: Before looking for a dedicated development team to hire, you should have documented your goals, requirement, and budget. That signifies that you know exactly what you want and will guide you in choosing the perfect dedicated development team for your project.
- Research: There are several places to look for a dedicated development team. You can find your desired team on social media platforms such as LinkedIn or websites such as JayDevs, Clutch, Glassdoor, etc. On some of these sites, you can find ratings and reviews that guide your choice.
- Interviews: To narrow down candidates and ensure you pick the best team for the project, you must interview potential teams. Ask questions to understand if a team is a right fit for your project, check for reviews and testimonials, and review their portfolios.
- Discuss details: After you have decided to hire a team of remote developers, discuss the details of your project, your expectations, and requirement with your chosen team.
- Sign a contract: This is the final stage of hiring a dedicated development team. Sign a contract stating the services offered, duration, and other essential details. You should also sign a mutual non-disclosure agreement (NDA) to protect your sensitive data and prevent leaks.
Ways through which you can manage your dedicated development team include:
- Frequent and clear communication.
- Clearly state your expectations.
- Be open to feedback.
- Give creative autonomy.