Transporters and distributors around the globe are fast accepting the innovative cold chain handheld computer technology for its ability to improve efficiency, reduce costs and improve customer service. However, deploying mobility to workers dealing with refrigerated warehouses, freezers, and outdoor yards requires equipment that can handle the different temperatures and levels of humidity.
How These Low-Temperature Conditions Result in?
Under extreme weather, a typical cold chain handheld computer faces several issues that hinder its performance. These include:
- Fogging of the Scan Window
When sub-zero temperatures cause internal condensation, the scan window fogs. This prevents the scanner from “seeing” the barcode and identifying the product.
- Fogging of the Display
Extreme weather conditions cause the display to fog up, preventing workers from viewing the display screen, which, in turn, hinders the performance and productivity of a cold chain handheld computer.
- Reduced Screen Refresh Rate
Cold temperatures often reduce the screen refresh rate, causing users to sit idle and wait instead of completing tasks.
- Ice Buildup on the Keyboard
As users leave the freezer, condensation forms or melting ice may drip down into the freezer. Therefore, when a user returns to the freezer, the keys may freeze, making it impossible to enter or retrieve data from a cold chain handheld computer.
- Reduced Battery Cycles
Cold temperatures significantly impact the battery life of a cold storage computer. Batteries will need to be swapped more frequently during a single shift, resulting in lowered productivity and increased capital costs. Users are forced to spend time managing and changing batteries while enterprises are bound to purchase, manage and maintain larger battery pools.
- Internal Condensation
Some conditions by internal condensation are felt immediately. However, internal condensation that stays on a cold chain handheld computer can cause major damage over time, resulting in increased repair requirements or the need for an entirely new system.
Why UROVO is the Best to Improve Cold Chain Efficiency?
UROVO’s intensive research and development in smart terminals and mobile computers have led them to design cutting-edge technology that helps provide logistics and digital solutions to customers of various industries.
- Technical Features
- With an improved transmission range, UROVO’s super-stable Wi-Fi not only reduces the enterprise’s network deployment cost but keeps devices online at any time through optimized Wi-Fi roaming and low time-delay of roaming switching.
- The dustproof and waterproof protection, along with high drop resistance, guarantees UROVO devices to be rugged cold chain handheld computers that function efficiently even in harsh environments.
- Special Usability Features
- UROVO’s portable scanners and handheld mobile computers include a professional anti-condensation screen and cold resistance feature that automatically heats to room temperature under a low-temperature situation.
- Newer products include a hot-swap battery feature that enables workers to immediately replace a battery without power-off, resulting in effective data protection and prevention.
- Powered by the latest Android versions, UROVO equips its products with an Octa-core CPU that offers you superior operation and data. Alongside the high-speed processor is a camera that enables you to record on-site emergencies anytime and anywhere.
- Unparalleled Single Vendor Simplicity
UROVO offers an efficient one-stop solution with proven end-to-end mobility products and services unmatched by any other cold chain handheld computer manufacturer.
- UROVO’s complete end-to-end cold chain portfolio is unrivaled. With cold chain handheld computers and built-in dual PA that provides a high-speed wireless connection between your users and the cloud, they are the only vendor that offers it all.
- Globally renowned partners launch applications tested on UROVO’s mobile devices and infrastructure before deployment.
- Unmatched Portfolio to Improve Productivity
UROVO designs its products keeping in mind the different types of cold chain environments as well as users and applications in those environments. Therefore, they offer the richest cold chain portfolio with a multitude of solutions to meet every cold chain need, including:
- Vehicle mount, wearable, and rugged handheld mobile computers, designed to withstand the condensation that occurs when transporters are constantly moving between different temperature zones.
- Access points with special features enable deployment as well as seamless, high-performance wireless coverage through optimized roaming and ultra-low packet loss rate that keeps cold chain handheld computers online at any time to achieve real-time data intercommunication.
UROVO is leading the way with rugged PDAs, mobile computers, mobile printers, RFID handheld readers, payment terminals, and wearable devices. With 1200 employees and more than ten subsidiaries, they strive to design, research, and develop smart computers and terminals for customers in logistics, retail, finance, medical care, manufacturing, government, transportation, and other industries.
To learn more about UROVO’s digital solutions and services, visit https://en.urovo.com/.