Broccoli is considered the nutritional powerhouse that is full of vitamins, minerals, fibre and antioxidants. It contains a chemical known as glucoraphanin. When you consume it, it changes to another compound called sulforaphane. This chemical has antioxidant effects, which might help with the prevention of cancer and liver problems.
If you cannot eat broccoli but need health benefits, you can get a broccoli extract supplement. Given below are some outstanding nutritional and health benefits of broccoli or broccoli extract supplements.
- Rich In Vitamins, Minerals & Bioactive Compounds: The nutrient content of broccoli is unmatchable. It is fully loaded with a wide array of vitamins, minerals, fibre and other bioactive compounds. When you consume broccoli in vegetable form, you can take it in both cooked and raw form. When you choose to take a broccoli supplement, you can be assured that many companies offering broccoli supplements offer 100% natural extract.
- Antioxidants It Contains Offer Health-Protective Effects: The antioxidant content of broccoli is the biggest boon for human health. They may help in inhibiting or neutralizing cell damage caused by free radicals. This may lead to a health-protective effect. But you should also be aware of the Alpha Brain side effects.
Bioactive Compounds May Help In Reduced Inflammation:
- Broccoli comprises various bioactive compounds that are believed to reduce inflammation in your body tissues. It is not just a single compound in the broccoli that results in such an effect. There are many such compounds that work synergistically to support this effect.
- It May Protect Against Certain Types of Cancer: Broccoli is a cruciferous vegetable and contains various bioactive compounds that may reduce cell damage. Several studies show that eating cruciferous vegetables may protect against certain types of cancer. Still, there is no such strong evidence to make definitive health claims regarding the role of broccoli in cancer treatment or prevention.
- Antioxidants and Fiber May Control Blood Sugar Levels: Consuming broccoli supplements may help control blood sugar levels in people with diabetes. Although no one is aware of the exact mechanism, it is expected to be related to broccoli’s antioxidant content. Also, Broccoli is a good source of fibre which is also believed to be associated with lowering blood sugar and improving diabetic control.
- It May Support Heart Health in Different Ways: Broccoli supplements may help in improving heart health in different ways. High levels of bad LDL cholesterol and triglycerides are the major risk factors for the heart. Broccoli extract may help in improving these markers. The powdered supplement may help reduce triglycerides and “bad” LDL cholesterol and increase “good” HDL cholesterol levels. There are certain antioxidants in broccoli that may reduce your overall risk to your heart.
The Bottom Line
Broccoli is nutrient-rich that may help you improve your health in a variety of ways. However, you must keep this fact in mind that good health doesn’t always come from a single food. You have to include other nutrients and supplements to maintain good health and a healthy lifestyle. While buying a broccoli health supplement, make sure you choose a trusted brand offering 100% natural and lab-tested supplements.