Having an Amazon account is valuable when it comes to online sales services; since it is undoubtedly one of the most popular platforms worldwide, so it is normal for it to be a reference website when it comes to analyzing prices or promoting a product.
However, and as with all digital platforms, Amazon has certain terms and conditions that users must adhere to while browsing if they do not want to risk having their account closed.
Why can’t I Log into my Amazon Account?
As desperate as it may seem, it is normal for our Amazon account to be blocked for different reasons, including:
- You lost your username or password: perhaps the most common reason, since most users have accounts on different platforms and social networks, so it is normal for them to forget the one they use the least. If this is your case, do not despair because there are solutions for this problem, which will allow you to recover your username or your access password. Once you can recover it, make sure to write it in a visible place.
- You can’t apply two-step verification, which is a feature designed by Amazon for added security. In it, the user enters his password and a numerical code sent to the telephone number registered on the platform. It is possible that you have never configured this option, so you will not be able to recover the user in this way, if so, it is best to follow the “password recovery” steps and reconfigure your account.
- Account suspension: This is one of the most serious situations, since they are caused when Amazon decides that you have breached any of the conditions of use, so it proceeds to suspend your account.
Why Amazon suspended my account? The most obvious solution to this is to read the terms and conditions once you create your account.
Usually, Amazon sends us an email indicating the reason for the suspension of the account, however, if you are registered as a seller, the platform’s policies are much stricter and you may be suspended without giving any explanation.
The most common reasons for Amazon to suspend your seller account are:
- ODR – Too many negative reviews from buyers.
- Pre-fulfillment Cancel Rate: that you cancel many orders before they are shipped.
- Late Shipment Rate: not receiving comments confirming that the packages sent were received by buyers, as this generates little credibility.
Why did Amazon Withdraw my Seller Benefits?
As we explained in the previous paragraphs, the policies for Amazon sellers are much stricter than for conventional users, so there are many details to take into account if you want to stay on the platform. You should also follow up Amazon intellectual property.
Among the reasons on which Amazon can be based to withdraw seller benefits we have:
- Low sales performance: If this is your case, you risk Amazon assuming that your sales are not enough, so you do not meet the requirements to remain a seller on the platform. To avoid this, it is advisable to do your best to achieve a minimum of two sales a week.
- Sale of illicit products: Among the terms and conditions of the platform is a list of products that, under no circumstances, can be marketed on Amazon, including animals, vehicles, skin and hair care products, currency, food supplements, medicines, explosives and weapons, food or drink, lasers, devices to steal or pick locks, medical equipment, pesticides, erotic articles, surveillance equipment, tobacco, among others.
- Negative ratings: Amazon allows its customers to rate sellers, which allows you to measure their good or bad reputation. Sellers with poor ratings risk being sanctioned by the platform and “demoted” to a buyer profile. One of the ways to avoid this is to be honest when negotiating any product.
- Purchase of reviews: Any customer who has made a purchase on the platform can make a review of it, which is requested by Amazon through email.
There are buyers who think they are smarter than Amazon and offer their customers financial compensation in exchange for a good review; however, the platform tracks these users and if they discover the deception they can penalize the seller.
- Lack of documents: those sellers who do not comply with the proper documentation may be suspended or the platform may withdraw their benefits. The necessary documentation is described in the terms and conditions of the platform.
- Have several seller accounts with the same IP: by law, each seller registered within the platform must have only one account. In case you want to open another, you must have a good explanation to give to Amazon. Those who want to bypass Amazon’s security can be affected, as the platform can track the location of stores based on IP address.
- Amazon mistake: Like all digital platforms, Amazon is not perfect and can make a mistake when withdrawing benefits. If this is the case, you must contact the platform, who will ask you for a series of requirements to confirm and solve the error.
Recover your Amazon Buyer Account: Step-by-Step Guide
For frequent Amazon users, losing access to the platform can be a real tragedy. However, depending on the reason for the loss, there are different ways to regain access, which we will describe below:
I Forgot my Password
This is the most common problem and therefore the easiest to solve, although changing the password can be a tedious process, for this you must follow the following steps:
- Enter your username and click on “forgot password”.
- Amazon will ask you to enter your email or phone number.
- Select the option “enter a new password”.
- Enter the code that was sent to your phone or email.
- Do the “I’m not a robot” setting.
- Enter the new password and click “save”.
We recommend that you write down this new password.
I Forgot my Username
As part of Amazon’s requirements, the platform requires the user to enter an email and phone number; therefore, when the user is lost, the method to recover it is as follows:
- Change the password and go to the “settings” section located in “my account.”
- Go to “edit” next to the name you want to modify.
- Follow the instructions and click on “save changes”.
- Finally, press “finished” and verify the email.
If you can’t apply 2-factor verification.
In this case, you will have to contact Amazon to send them a copy of your identity document and confirm that, indeed, you are who you say you are.
Recover My Amazon Seller Account: Step-by-Step Guide
If your seller account is suspended you will have to contact the platform to recover it.
In this case, what you should do is contact [email protected] and explain specifically what you will do once you recover your account, entering details about the action plan and the new sales strategy, implying that you will not commit the same mistakes.