What is Microsoft 365? It’s a subscription plan previously known as Office 365 that offers additional benefits to the users, also specially designed for Businesses. It provides office applications, cloud storage, and top-notch security.
Sharepoint administrator courses are aplenty. They will help in learning the ropes of Microsoft 365 and use them for business growth.
Let us dive deep right into it to learn how Microsoft 365 can help your business grow efficiently.
- Collaboration Made Easy – Using Excel to Collaborate with the Team
Microsoft 365 comes in handy for teamwork. It simplifies tasks for those who would want to make changes to a document, presentation, or spreadsheet and create a new one for the team. Everyone can get access to the same version of the software.
Instead of sending files as attachments, you can directly send the files. The best part is that changes can be made by every team member and can save every version of the changes made to the files. Now, that’s real teamwork.
- Cloud Storage – Using OneDrive to Stay Connected, Organized and Protected
Microsoft 365 takes security seriously and makes sure the company’s files are encrypted into two-factor authentication. This way only authorized people can hold access to the data. Any external users posing threats can be detected and kept at bay.
Apart from detecting potential cyber threats, it also stops malware infections, notifies the users about it, and protects confidential data from reaching unauthorized hands. Cloud storage also eliminates hardware and energy costs.
You know that sharing files is easy but sometimes, the size of the file may exceed the attachment limit. You will have to send more emails in this case.
The Microsoft 365 cloud storage facility lets you upload the document.
All you have to do is write an email on Outlook just by attaching the link to the document. As always, you are permitted to customize access to read or edit the document as per your needs.
- Work From Anywhere – Using Cloud Benefits to Redefine Remote Work
All you need is a strong internet connection, and you are sorted. Of course, with the help of Microsoft 365. As it is cloud-based, you can work from any corner of the world and can access it through any device such as mobile phones, laptops, and tablets.
It is extremely beneficial for companies that are located internationally as well, remote employers, or those who travel a lot. It is iOS, Android-friendly, and Windows obviously.
- Data Protection – Using Exchange for Advanced Security
What is commendable about the software is its unique security measures. Your emails and other files are protected and if you happen to lose your device, thanks to teamwork access, your data can be wiped so others can’t access them.
Microsoft 365 plays the role of a security guard and saves you from a data breach committed due to a human error. The recovery feature in Exchange ensures individual mails or the whole inbox recovery in no time.
- Subscription Packs – Helping you Predict Revenue and Making the Most Use Out of it
Based on your needs, you can choose subscription plans, monthly with a low payment option or annually with a discount offer. You can save money either way depending upon the benefits that appeal to you.
Let me inform you that it is pretty easy to customize plans if you think not all users who have access will benefit through all the features and programs and reduce spending on capital. A win-win for businesses!
You can add subscriptions to up to 5 devices per user. You can travel with Office 365 and enjoy the same benefits due to the auto-sync feature being guilt-free. Records show that users experienced increased productivity and extra savings in their pockets because of the unique subscription plans.
- Stay Updated – Using Microsoft Office Products and Services
Since every file is stored in the cloud, you are not expected to upgrade your software or buy a new one like in old times.
Microsoft 365 license allows you to stay updated with every new feature it offers, bug fixes, and security updates automatically and have access instantly. This way everyone will be using the same version and no more compatibility issues to rant about.
- Scalability – Using Dynamics to Keep up with Growth
As the number of users increases, the cost of the licenses increases too. Dynamics in Microsoft 365 is an easy-to-change monthly subscription that offers flexibility for businesses to add or remove users which will eventually make it easier to add or eliminate licenses, accordingly.
You can also customize the budget and the workload for the employers. As you are able to scale your business based on the usage, you can focus more on the growth of the company.
- Better Communication – Using Advanced Features to Stay Connected
Skype calls and Outlook mails simplified communication amongst the businesses. Distance and time difference are no longer distant with Microsoft 365. The Calendar feature notifies the status of the person you wish to contact and allows the users to reschedule their plans accordingly.
- One Note creates notebooks and sections on One Drive through which you can share content, articles, images, and videos. It is effective in organizing events, tasks, and much more.
- Teams, a messaging feature enables comments to share and files to upload in the organization.
- Yammer is a social network feature that provides instant messaging facilities. Its access is open to all and anyone can communicate for business purposes.
As discussed above, sharing could not get any easier collaborating online through Microsoft 365.
- One Driveallows you to share files with your team who can also make necessary changes without any request to access it. The changes made by the contributor are also recorded and evaluated.
- Power Mapis a powerful data visualization tool in Excel which helps you map out data in 3D format, gain data insights in a geographic setting and share stories by engaging with a wider audience.
- Planneris a tool specifically built for team work. You can create plans, assemble and assign tasks in the group. You can also share files, communicate with the users and receive updates regarding the same.
- Clutter is an extraordinary tool. When your inbox gets swarmed with mails, the settings will automatically analyze your mailbox and decide which emails are of utmost importance and which are not. The “not so important” mails will be moved to a clutter folder which you can view anytime later.
- Microsoft Sway, a story-telling app is specifically designed for businesses. It enables users to express and craft ideas which further results in carefully curated reports, newsletters, and presentations through the online canvas.
What little Microsoft 365 can do is as I mentioned above. What more it can do is endless. Every feature helps you grow personally and professionally. You have global software at the tip of your fingers that makes working manageable if not easy. Please be reminded that not all features are available to you since every subscription plan has limited or most of the benefits. Overall, it is the best investment any business could afford to make.